Old June 25th 05, 01:50 AM

Default Now I understand

It took me a bit,.. but now I understand why you all do your own work.
The answer is simple. IT's called,..

"Since the Bug ain't original getting the right part is a Bitch so why
pay someone to try to put on the wrong part"!!!!!!

Allow me to tell my tale,...

Back on May 20th I bought a 1970 VW Beetle,... some of you might even
remember giveing me advice on what book to buy so that I could
understand it better <G>. But I'm a computer nerd, not a mechanic. But
many of you noticed a few things about the car from the photos and you
all told me that the body type was from a 73 not a 70. After further
examination I discovered that the engine was built in 71. To date I
have yet to find anything On this Bug that says it was built in 70
except the title/registration.

SO when I realised that the brakes were bad (wheel cylindersI I
ordered them from JC Whitney,... Guess what? They didn't fit! As a
mater of fact none of the 4 I bought at $10 a pop fit. My mechanic had
to get them through NAPPA and it took a few days each time for
shipping. He has now had the bug in his shop for 2 weeks (sigh) and
we still haven't really driven it in all this time <another big sigh>.

But the end is near,.. the right parts are on the way. I'm probably
going to have to seel the car just to pay my mechanic for the work
though <G>. I'm gratefull I can trust him so I don't think he will
"Wack" me all that hard. But it really has been a learning curve for
us,... and we are still looking for something on the car from 1970,...
perhaps a knob maybe <G>.

Ken