Old December 18th 04, 04:33 PM
Jim M

Thanks again to all that replied... I dunno weather my brake pads are
organic or metal ...but I did buy the most expensive ones...there was a set
for 35 bucks and a set for 55 bucks...I paid for the 55 dollar set and they
are made by Raebestos. I didn't know that a metalic set of shoes would eat
the rotors, but it only makes sense when you think about it. BTW my rotors
are in excellent shape. Good Idea to repack the wheel bearings while I'm
there.
I don't think I am going to change the brake lines as there is nothing
wrong with them. Stainless lines would be great but at this time are not
needed.
You guys have talked me into wrapping a belt around the A/C unit and I
never thought about going to the States for a recharge...Hell of a good idea
as I only live about an hours drive from the Montana or N Dakota borders. I
will take a cruise down there this spring for sure. I do also want to retain
the value of the vehicle.
I am going to try to gravity bleed the brakes but am going to do the
rear first then the front (not enough jack stands). The car will be level
though as I have run the front end up on ramps.
Well I better get back to the city as the parts guy gave me one wrong
caliper . I also have to buy a proper 3/8" brake line wrench so I don't
round off the nuts ...Will ask if my pads are metallic or organic.
Thanks all to replied and I really am taking your suggestions
seriously.

Jim....In Saskatchewan, Canada