Old May 11th 06, 12:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Spare 156 Key needed

I had three keys replaced under warranty for my 156. On the third
occasion I was given the parts receipt that the dealer had received
with the key. Now this is just from memory, but I'm pretty sure the
cost to the dealership was £56. They have to send off for a key-code
for your car - and they are supposed to get proof of ownership from you
before doing that, so I guess there may be some charge for that
service. But £120 total seems excessive - have you tried other
dealerships?

Also, depending on what you mean by "broken", you might like to look at
my earlier post:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...epaired&qt_g=1

Any/all of this may not apply depending on the age of your 156. Mine
was a 2003 model.