Old July 22nd 05, 11:05 PM
Cosmo

Jerry,
Thanks for the response. Lexington, KY dosen't have an emissions
testing requirement. I think I am going to try the O2 sensor before
getting the emissions tested by a local garge or maby I will pay big
bucks and let ford run diags on there equiptment. The main thing that
I need to know at this point is where the sensor is located, and you
have helped me with that problem. I lucked out a couple of years ago
replacing the upstream Sensor on the passenger side. Many thanks for
the information I will put it to good use.

Cosmo

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:58 -0700, "Gerald Riggs"
> wrote:

>Code P0430 is for Bank 2 of the engine which I think is the driver side.
>Look for the O2 sensor on the downstream side of that catalytic converter.
>You could change it and see if the code persists. If the check engine light
>does not come on again then you made it! However, the sensor may be good and
>telling the truth ie that the converter is not doing the job anymore.
>Expensive replacement me thinks. In that case I would be thinking of
>alternatives like downstream O2 sensor simulators. What about your local
>emissions testing? Do you need to pass - an important question.
>Jerry
.. .