Old May 14th 05, 07:33 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Magnulus" > wrote
> An auto is not necessarily high mantainence. You have to factor in all
> those clutch jobs. On some cars a new clutch can cost 750-1,500 dollars.
> If you tow or drive in heavy traffic, the clutch is going to wear out alot
> faster.

Funny, the clutch in our '91 525i with 150K miles has never been replaced,
while virtually no auto boxes in those models made it beyond 120K before
needing a rebuild. If you have ever actually *LOOKED* at the internals
of manual and autos, you would understand why your statement is
completely false. Oh, and the 525i was driven in Seattle commuter
traffic, and the clutch definitely gets used.

Floyd