Old June 12th 05, 01:53 PM
Bill Putney

Tommo wrote:
> I just had the dealer replace the ransmission cable on my wife's 2001 300M.
> It has 88K highway miles and that defect cost me $340. I have a 100K
> extended warranty but this part is not covered (of course). Does anyone out
> there now if this is a common problem with 300m's or Chrysler's in general?

Yes - it was a fairly common problem on earlier year 2nd gen. LH's,
though I haven't had the problem on my '99 Concorde - used to see posts
on www.dodgeintrepid.com and the 300M Club forums about the problem.
However, no recalls or TSB's on the problem. There was a recall on
ignition and shift interlocks, but that's not the same thing.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')