Old September 21st 04, 07:31 PM
Frank Berger

"Rivergoat" > wrote in message
> Never mind about hurricanes...NO ONE should drive in those *
>
> While I'm still in the preliminary mode of searching Miatas (NBs, and
> low mileage ones at that) that I could possibly afford, I see some
> people owning ones that state they've never drivien them in the rain
> or snow. Certainly garaging is nice for any car and I don't fault that
> (I envy that, in fact, I don't have any garage and the best I could
> offer is a high quality cover); but do any of you seasoned Miata
> owners avoid bad weather? I would never try to intentionally harm a
> vehicle, but c'mon, it's a car, I would intend on driving it in all
> weather (of course on the West Coast, we get some nicer weather than
> any owners in, say, Michigan!). But you get my point, who drives it in
> all conditions? What are your thoughts about the Miata as a daily
> driver?
>
> On the other hand the perfect car I would like to find is a one owner,
> low mileage that was used as a weekend car and has been garaged the
> whole time....asking too much? *
>
> TIA

The only limitations I can think of (assuming you have the right tires) are
that the low clearance will limit drivability in deep powder, and you have
to be careful in heavy rain about other cars kicking up a huge spray the
limits your visibility for a couple of seconds. Also if that spray is
angled just right, it can force its way between the top and the top of the
windshield and give you bit of a bath.

Nothing really to prevent it from being an everyday driver in Texas, that's
for sure.