Old July 20th 05, 01:54 PM
bob

so it sounds like this is a split boot but has some kind of jig to hold it
or something? I cannot tell from the web site. Last time I changed one,
the part I got said it could be slipped over the shaft. There was a cone
shaped tool available but I disassembled and installed as normal as I
discovered this after opening the box at home. Too lazy to go back to parts
store and look for tool. Anyway, when I saw the tool in the URL in the
original post, I assumed this was that cone-tool. Must be something else.

bb

******
"jim beam" > wrote in message
> bob wrote:
> > The first URL says "Installer will avoid removing axle and disassembling

of
> > joint ". I assume it stretches the boot so it can slip over the end of

the
> > shaft but I'm having trouble visualizing how you can change the boot

without