Old June 12th 05, 03:02 PM
Kevin M. Keller

"bothrops" > typed until their fingers bled, and came
up with:

> looks like i have a blown head gasket or warped head. i found oil in my
> coolant. i like to do the work myself.looks like a big job and i have
> never done any cylinder head removal or installation.my question is do i
> have to remove the engine or just raise it a little and put a jack under
> the oil pan than remove the cover and chain(and probaly the water pump
> pulley).

Yes, you can do it with the engine in the car. to get the front cover off,
you'll need to raise & lower the engine on the jack a few times.

What model do you have? If it is a '95-'96 SOHC, you may have a cracked
head - there is a known casting flaw on those heads.

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com