Old April 22nd 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 95 5.0 stalls out after warming up....

"dwight" > wrote:

>> When you say 'the RPM's bounce', are you hearing the engine speed
>> change at the same time? You arent very clear on that.
>>
>> If NOT, then get a TFI.. module on side of Distributor ( I thought
>> the 95 had the 4.6????) Make sure you lube it fresh.

> '94 and '95 were the last years of the 5.0. When my TFI went out, the
> car gave no signs of failure, it just cut out and wouldn't restart.
> After an hour or so, it started up as normal.
>
> Does his description sound as if the engine isn't getting enough air?

If the engine speed varies widely, and tach needle follows then look at
IAC (or vacuum leak near engine). In Mid nineties - they werent real
long-life. The two-piece IAC's of mid eighties were more bullet-proof.

If needle jumps around , engine speed doesnt, it's likely the TFI or
pickup or bad wiring.

If no tach bounce on crank, it's the TFI.

you pay..DEAL with it!