Old July 24th 05, 04:56 AM
Dave

Pooh Bear wrote:

> > Mine is labelled as a parking brake, and I've never had to use mine
> > except when my master cylander died in a 20 year old car.

> Clearly you're not in the UK then. I was referring to the UK driving test. Pls pay
> attention to the thread. It has *British* in it.

So everyone in the UK drives a car in such disrepair they can't just
use their normal brakes?

> > Hell, even with a pickup I never had to use my parking brake, even
> > off-roading. The brakes worked great till Evans Tires ****ed them up.
> > (Evans causing my truck to get totalled is another story though.)

> Autoboxes aren't popular in Europe generally. I guess we like the more engaging and
> sportier style of driving that a manual box gives. Manual transmissions don't wear out
> either btw, in fact they're noted for longevity.

Since I sit in traffic all the time, and I bought the car used, I took
what I got and I don't need to dick around with a shifter to get up to
30 mph then stop again in traffic.

> Btw, if you *never* use your parking brake how do you know it's still functional ? For
> that time when you actually *do* need it.

I use it every time I park, as the name implies.

Dave