Old January 28th 05, 04:29 AM
Joe

Every model of every car has some incidence rate of "sudden acceleration".
After all, we're all human. After Audi installed a brake/shifter interlock,
that was the end of it for the 5000. Nobody ever really implicated the
5000's pedal arrangement. So it appears the only variable was the people who
owned Audi 5000's were more likely to blame somebody else for their mistake.

To believe that anything mechanical actually happened in that case is to
ignore all the evidence.

So, if sudden acceleration happens for real, and you're too ignorant of your
car to understand what went wrong, then there's nothing you can do. You
can't explain what happened to anybody. What I mean is, if your throttle
sticks, you need to say "my throttle stuck" instead of "I suffered sudden
acceleration due to the negligence of a large corporation" so everybody
won't dismiss you as an idiot. Your throttle is pretty simple. If it moves,
you'll have to figure out why.

If you can't do that, just turn the switch off like you're supposed to and
deal with the shame in private.