Old December 15th 04, 10:31 PM
JP

RHinNC > wrote in message
.. .
> I think you will be pleased at what was done. Remember how Barry Pepper
> portrayed Roger Maris in the movie 61?
>
> In my opinion he outdid himself. He did a great job. Lots of the filming

was
> done in Kannapolis at an old millhouse similar to where Dale was raised.
>
> One note about the garage in the backyard, it is made out of foam! I was
> lucky to be in one of the shots.
>
> Dale and I were fishing buddies. I will tell you Barry Pepper talked to me
> and several of Dales friends and genuinely wanted to get it right. Barry

is
> a class act, a genuine class act. I don't believe anyone could have done a
> better job.
>
> I think he did Dale right. You be the judge.

<laughter>

"Kerry's response to "3": In an interview with Brandon Mudd and Tony Hubert
from The SpeedZone on 590 The Fan, KFNS, in St. Louis (www.kfns.com), Kerry
Earnhardt said he watched about 20 minutes of the movie "3," the
ESPN-produced bio pic on the life of his father, Dale Earnhardt. Kerry said
he was disappointed with the way the movie portrayed his father and said
most of the scenes he saw were factually inaccurate. "Maybe if you're a race
fan who doesn't know much about the history of the sport or know much about
my dad, they would like it. My dad, and anyone who knew him knows this, was
a very happy man and loved to play jokes on people and have a good time. He
wasn't the person the movie said he was. And there were a lot of things in
that movie that didn't happen or didn't happen the way (the movie depicted
it)." Earnhardt went on to say he was never personally contacted by the
movie's producers and said that if ESPN would have contacted him or other
members of the Earnhardt family, then perhaps the movie would have been more
true to life.(KFNS.com)(12-15-2004)"