Old December 12th 04, 02:08 PM
Darryl Johnson

news:GZIud.56307
> :
>
>> I'm tossing in the towel, guys. Two or three weeks in a row that

my ISP
>> gives me crappy service during the day on weekends. My DSL modem

looses
>> synch and I get disco'd from the server.
>>
>> Sorry. I know you were looking to try to increase your fields, not
>> watch them decrease, but this is just an exercise in frustration

for
>> me. (And now that Eldred has quit, I can't even take solace in

beating
>> him. [Just kidding, Eldred. You were generally faster than me in
>> everything else, I imagine you'd beat me at NASCAR too.])
>>
>> I hope you get some other new members -- with decent connections).
>>
>> All the best,

> Real shame Darryl - last night you looked fine - no warping or

anything but
> you suddenly disappeared
> It doesn't sound very good went your modem looses sync - like

Eldred said
> maybe they can check your line. There's stories about ground work

somewhere
> else hitting a cable or something.
>
> cheers jurjen

It's probably typical for tech support everywhere, but there are just
horror stories about people calling for tech support from my ISP.
Grade two drop-outs reading from a script. "First, we want you to re-
install Windows...."

I'll probably take a couple of Valium and call them one of these
days, but the problem seems to be at its worst during the days on
weekends. I can race at night with very few problems, and I'm afraid
of some tech guy going into "fix" my lines and making it so I can't
race at night either.

--
Darryl