Old October 22nd 04, 01:03 AM
Wayne Johnson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:01:52 -0500, "CardsFan" > wrote:

>"Wayne Johnson" > wrote in message

>> Wayne "See a psychiatrist soon" Johnson

>Put him in your ig list, Wayne. He's a one-trick pony.

I hear you.

>FWIW, in many cases replacing the antenna mast only does not solve the
>problem. A piece of the plastic strip with the gear teeth can break off and
>stay inside of the antenna motor, and one is left with no recourse but to
>either disassemble the motor and get the broken section out of there or,
>much more simply, just buy a new motor and mast kit off of eBay and install
>the whole shebang.

That's my next project...after getting the tranny rebuilt. Failed on
me this morning. 65 mile tow - thank goodness for AAA, but still blew
my day. Why should I cry - puppy has 216,000 miles!

>So, his advice was quite possibly not correct, despite
>the volume and arrogance with which it was delivered.

On a Vette, I always suggest going whole hog, instead of patch and
fix.

>AJM
>'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
>(who tried a mast only, which had no effect, and ended up replacing the
>motor after all)

That's what I've heard from several other guys, too.

Wayne "If you're gonna do it, do it right" Johnson

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)