Old March 8th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 87 Golf rough start

"Keith Park" > wrote:

>Nice mileage! mine is a yongue pup with only 145Kmi!
> Ive been of the impression that the problem is that modern Gasolene
>vaporizes at a lower temperature and the fuel system gets vapor lock when
>hot and is sure acts that way but Im up for any other opinions.
>
>Ive done a tuneup but nothing else has ever been replaced, the idle mixture
>was adjusted but that didnt help the hot start problem.
>
>in 553K have you had to do any drivetrain work??

Have I ever. Rebuilt the motor at 360K. Original tranny went
at 330K, replaced it with a junkyard item which lasted for a couple of
years then put a proper rebuilt unit in. I've replaced most every
item that can be replaced - CVs, starter, radiators, suspension
bushings,etc,etc...

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 261,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car) 553,000 miles <- Yeah, baby!
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff