Old July 9th 04, 12:56 PM
NC

Miguel Bento wrote:
> NC wrote:
>
>>All,
>>I am fairly new to the Alfa world - bought my first used 156 1.8 petrol
>>(t reg - 1999) about 3 weeks ago.
>>A strange thing I have noticed however, is the uneven acceleration I get
>>in 2nd. If I move off, up into 2nd and then floor it (or even just get a
>>little enthusiastic with the throttle), the car picks up slowly until it
>>hits about 3000 rpm and then takes off ! Is this slight delay in power
>>normal, or should I be looking for a problem that would cause it ??

> Hi NC,
>
> Welcome to the Alfa World!
> Yes, I've owned a 156 1.8 TS and the behaviour you describe is normal.
> There is somewhat a lack of power below 3000 rpm but then it takes off,
> up until 7000 rpm!
>
> It was a great car, much fun to drive!
>
> Miguel

Thanks for the information. I am relieved to hear this is normal. I
suppose its good to be a little less 'agressive' in the lower rpm range
or I would take off everytime I pulled away !
IU have been amazed with the power range, even in 2nd it flies right up
to the red line, and sounds amazing !!

Thanks again,
Neil.