Old July 11th 05, 07:05 AM
Peter Bozz

>> The question is: with the proliferation of soccer moms and their SUVs
>> and all the soccer practice going on in the US, how come US soccer sucks?

> Is being rated 8-10 in the world sucking? Not the last I heard. And, if
> the US sucks, why did the U20 team beat Argentina and Egypt and
> tie Deutschland before losing to Italy? And why is the US's Women's
> team rated 1st?

I assume U20 is "under twenty"? If they are indeed kicking ass, then the
soccer moms have served their purpose: a new generation of top notch
soccer players is emerging from the US.

Anyway, just I checked the Fifa World Football (yes, that's "soccer")
Rankings: teh U Ess of A is ranked 10th! I might have to retract that
"sucks" statement. Sorry... Old prejudices die the hardest.