Old June 25th 05, 04:12 AM

fitzs wrote:
> The alternator is fine.It reads 14.I brought the alternator to a garage and
> it is fine.But when I tested the alternator on my car it reads nothing.The
> battery reads 12.I begining to think it is the wires going to the
> alternator.But how do I check those wire out or bypass them and to what.

If you have a friendly local shop you can get them to use a non-contact
meter (i forget what its called) to check the alternator output.

It sounds like you might have a dead voltage regulator. (assuming
modern cars still have them)

you should be able to disconnect the wires at the battery (and possibly
the alternator ) and use a voltmeter to test the cables continuity.