Old June 4th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Humming '96 EB 4x4

My '96 EB 4x4 emits a loud humming sound from the front end that is loudest
between 40 and 50 mph. The sound goes away when I steer to the right, but
is unaffected when I steer left, so I figured that it must be the bearing
and hub assembly on the right side of the truck (steering to the right
unloads the right side bearings). I replaced the assembly, but the noise is
still there. Since my tires were getting close to the point where I'd have
to replace them, I went ahead and bought a new set of Michelins...no luck.

I'm stumped at this point. Any suggestions? I did check the lubricant
level of the front diff, and it's fine.

Thanks!
KJ