Old June 8th 05, 03:02 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message news:3Eppe.2401

> http://public.fotki.com/PMS/vw_event..._tour_113.html
>
> ........Does anyone recognise those decals on the fan housing? It would be
> interesting to know what shop is out there installing engines with missing
> cooling tin. I'm guessing GEX or Bernie Bergmann.

probably whoever did the body/paint work(possibly even work for the studio)
put the engine in....alot of vw people don't even realize how frigging
important the rear piece is...<sheesh>...actually having a discussion on
another forum with a fellow(thesamba i think) who is having what i consider
classic vapor lock symptoms, then he says all the tin is there except the
"top piece with the holes for the heater hoses to go through"...so i told
him that is a very important piece and to put it back NOW>....LOL.....his
problems were when sitting in traffic..the absolute worst time tohave a
missing rear plate or bad engine compartment seal...