Old July 19th 04, 06:17 PM
Stephen H. Westin

http://www.odyclub.com .

> > > First:
> > > 1) metallic trembling noise (guaranteed!) moving from parking spot at
> > > about 5-10 mph, going backward or forward , going straight ,noise -
> > > for less than a second ;

> Yes, according to all descriptions, this is ABS self-test/charging,
> etc.
> The thing I'm curious about, is how to make this noise quiter.

Earplugs. Are you really that bothered by a slight noise that lasts
for less than a second? Start worrying when you *don't* hear the noise
after you start.

> Any
> ideas if new rotors/drums can help?

I don't think so.

> Second:
> There is some form of resonance happening in the engine compartment
> at 48-55mph on 4 and 5 speed Odysseys in top gear when Torque Converes
> lockup happens and thats a low pitch noise conducted to cabin through
> the shift cable.
> Two major findings - one dealer according to odyclub.com, tried to
> install a new "dynamic damper" - from Accord to tacke resonance, and
> another finding is here :
> http://www.hondalac.com/service/Bulletins/x02-048e.pdf

Wow. Honda actually reprogrammed the engine control computer to avoid
the resonance! But if your vehicle is out of warranty, it would be an
expensive repair.

--
-Stephen H. Westin