Old July 14th 04, 03:29 AM
varkiliy_jar

Default Honda Odyssey: 1 second noise at 5 mph when started (started engine as well).

Hi.
I'm not a mechanic and havent done anything more complicated than oil
change, but need to understand this:
Two kinds of noises:

First:
1) metallic trembling noise (guaranteed!) moving from parking spot at
about 5-10 mph, going backward or forward , going straight ,noise -
for less than a second ;
this happens in the morning (car was left overnight), in the evening
when moving from work parking; any other time I come to complete stop
with gear in parking and engine stopped; noise is there, if going
downhill in neutral (my parking spont is nex to the hill) with engine
running or not running (here, after engine was running for a while
and brakes work easy, couldns say the same about steering wheel);

Second:
2) another kind of noise, but much quiter noise at 50-60 mph
(constant) as soon as I stop accelerating and RPM drops to 1600-1900
from 2500; in this case noise is only heard when slightly
pressing gas pedal (accelerating or maintaining speed going uphill),
but RPM doesnt change; going to higher RPM gets rid of the noise (like
if I have to pass noise speed range 50-60 mph,
accelerating more intense - at 2500 rpm for instance - no such
noise);

Other info:
3) no infuence on noise when turning;
4) when pressing brakes hard - steering wheel is trembling, so looks
like worn rotors;
5) left front tire worn much more than others;
6) Honda Service says it's not transmission (since I have extended
warranty on transmission, I asked them to check it specifically) after
15- 20 mins road test;

Thanks for your feedback.
vj