Old June 5th 06, 02:35 PM posted to aus.cars,alt.fan.landrover,rec.autos.4x4

Default Land Rover Discovery bonnet release at 60 km/h

On or around 5 Jun 2006 03:57:24 -0700, "
> enlightened us thusly:

>Austin Shackles wrote:
>> >
>> >The most important issue for me and my family is, why did this
>> >accident happen? Furthermore, what will stop it happening again?

>> loctite on the bolts. They shouldn't be able to come loose.
>>

>That was my thought too, but the smash repairer said then they'd never
>be able to be undone, if required (when would that be?). He suspected I
>bought a "Friday afternoon" car, and that possibly some spring washers
>were omitted.

you can get the sort of loctite that's undoable. and anyway, how often does
the bonnet catch need undoing?
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
Good wine, a friend, or being dry, Or lest we should be by and by;
Or any other reason why. - Henry Aldrich (1647 - 1710)