Old June 11th 05, 03:58 PM
Harry K

AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:56:07 -0400, James C. Reeves > wrote:
>

> >Heck no! I almost got run off the road by a driver on her cell phone
> >driving down the center lane. She swerved back in her lane just in time.
> >These things should be banned while driving...even with a headset.

> If she had run you off the road because she was adjusting the radio, would that
> have been ok?

It never fails. Subject of cell phones and cars comes up, up pops some
yo-yo with that old straw man equating a few seconds of adjusting a
radio with minutes on end of distraction yakking on a cell phone. It
was a phony argument way back when and remains a phony one today.

Saw a report on the news last night (caught it late) but somewhere in
legislative process re cell phone use the point was finally made that
it is the -yakking- that is the distraction, not the holding of the
phone.

Harry K