Old April 6th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Sick and twisted idea

Auto building is like a personality - it all depends on the builder's
tastes and desires. I am not looking to build a real street eliminator,
if I was I would pull the 540 out of the truck and put a chassis under
the wagon. Some of us are "street rod" guys and have won Street Machine
Nationals (well, OK, second place at SMN and 1st at National Muscle
Car) without spending 50 grand - be more than happy to email you
pictures of the car and the awards and I built it while I was working
part time at UPS during the college days. This is my third Deuce wagon
(have owned every year and body style Nova from 63 through 77) and I
love the car. What I do not want to completely detract from is the
original driving characteristics because that is what I really enjoy
about the car. A Bimmer drive train along with some braking
enhancements should keep it in this ball park. If I want to go through
the twisties I have two Bimmers to get me through it with complete
satisfaction.

Remember - rat rods are growing in popularity. The guy who owns the
local "speed shop" (really cool converted gas station to look like a
50s/60s shop) says his favorite color is rust because it brings good
money... Not that I condone such behavior and if anything ever happens
to my sandblaster I would go into shock!