Old July 26th 05, 01:22 AM
Steve B.

On 24 Jul 2005 13:28:20 -0700, wrote:

>I thought this might be the kind of vehicle that as long as you liked
>the inside of it you can fix it forever....thoughts please. Thank you
>for any insight.

I'm a firm believe in buying used but buy the best used vehicle you
can afford. Personally I buy full sized GM products that are about
ten years old and around 40k miles (I live in FL, the land of the
granny mobile).

The 4.3 in the GM van is a very good engine. Trans is about as good
as anything American. The real difference in an older vehicle will be
in the maintenance history. If you can find one with all the
maintenance records you will be miles ahead of the game.

Buying the cheaper but older or more mile van sounds like a good idea
up front but often bites you in the end. The older they get the more
silly little things that break. You end up spending twice as much
money and using up all your free time.

Steve B.