Old July 18th 05, 05:51 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"drdecker" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My vans tailgate lock is seized. I cannot open. I have tried using WD40

and
> it will not work. The key will not even go in. Is there away to open the
> gate from the inside.

Go to a wrecking yard and find a Grand Voyager that has the same interior
trim color as yours. Have them carefully remove, or remove yourself, the
interior plastic that covers the back of the tailgate. Obtain the lock
cylinder
at the same time.

Take the lock cylinder to a locksmith with your key and have him rekey
the cylinder.

Now take a electric saber saw and drill and hack a hole in the inside
plastic of your
van over the lock, take care not to cut into anything important (like
wiring) reach in,
disengage the lock, open the gate, unscrew the inside plastic and throw it
away,
replace the lock, replace the inside plastic.

Probably will set you back $50.

Ted