Old March 2nd 05, 08:48 PM
Spike

DO NOT throw away the old points. Carry them in a tool kit in the car
just in case. If the Ignitor should fail, and as you can see, some say
they will some say they won't, you can reinstall the points to get you
home. All in all, personally, I'd go ahead and invest in either one (I
like what the II does more). The chance of a failure is there whether
using electronic or points. I'd say the advantages outweigh the risk
and minimal investment.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:48:22 -0500, "MJT" <mjtheriault @
sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I am looking to convert my 65 mustang points to an electronic ignition and
>have found the Pertronix Ignitor II and the CraneCams XR-I
>
>Any comments or advice on making a choice?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Michel.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16