Old May 18th 05, 06:19 PM
Cory Dunkle

> wrote in message
> Please express your honest opinion to this question, using the letter
> that matches your answer.
>
> QUESTION: You are driving along and get pulled over by the police.
> It's 3am, there is no other traffic on the road, and you just had a
> few beers but are not really drunk, however, you are likely over the
> legal alcohol limit.

I would never put myself in that situation. I do not drive when I have been
drinking. It's common sense not to drive when you are not up to it, for any
reason (be it alcohol, lack of sleep, or whatever...). It also courteous to
other motorists and passengers, as when you drive when you are incapable of
driving safely you are not only risking yourt own life but that of everyone
else on the road. Sure, you can accept the risk of driving drunk and perhaps
getting hurt or killed, but no one else accepted the risk of being hurt or
killed because _you_ decided that risk was acceptable. It's just plain
reckless.

In any case, when I am stopped I will let the officer talk, only politely
saying hello or answering any questions he has, or I will ask what I did if
I genuinely have no clue why he stopped me. If the officer decides to be
friendly I will talk to him as a friend, such as when they have asked about
my cars ('67 and '68 Galaxie's).

Cory