Old January 1st 05, 02:36 PM
Harri Holopainen

>Can you find chains that will fit those size tires?
>With all the plastic in and around your wheel wells, if part
>of a "chain" breaks off and starts flapping around in your
>wheel well, you'll chew up the plastic real quick. Probably
>your biggest worry.

or having the chains slip bad and tear off brake hoses and other
nice-to-have features.

>Can the low-profile cables be mounted with your wheels?
>Don't ruin them.
>
>My advice (and I assume no liability for this advice)....buy
>some chains that fit, buy some cables that fit, slap them on
>once you have hit the snow line and hope for the best.
>Assume the liability for whatever happens to your car,
>wheels, and tires. Go skiing. I'd love to go to Mammouth!!!
>
>Whatever you buy, try them on before you leave.
>
>And maybe next time, look at an xi models.....what do they
>call it...."the world's fastest snowplow"

you might also consider getting a set of *real* winter tires, although
getting a set of those for just a skiing trip might be a bit of an
overkill

of course, AWD completely removes the need for chains

--
harri
525ixT -95