Old February 2nd 05, 04:07 AM
Steve B.

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:39:53 -0800, Usual Suspect
> wrote:

>What do I need to know before getting new struts for my corolla?
>
>Do I need both rear struts if only one seems to be bad (cupping)?
>
>Do I need 4-wheel alignment to be done afterwards?
>
>Would you trust Goodyear to do this kind of job if you were me?

You should replace both even if only one is bad. They both have the
same amount of wear so the other one is likely to fail in short order.

I have done struts myself twice and learned enough to know this is one
of those jobs that its just easier to have a pro do. The car does
need to be aligned once you get done.

Many goodyear stores are franchise locations and subject to the
variations of any franchise. We have one store right next to the
house that stinks and another one a couple of miles away that has
treated me like gold every time I have been there. Stop by and ask
them about the job... You should be able to get a pretty good feel of
the techs confidence and skill set.

Steve B.