Old December 29th 04, 06:20 AM
The Real Bev

Nate Nagel wrote:

> I don't think that this is any special territory of foreigners. I am
> almost amazed when I see *anyone* driving in a correct manner. Stop
> signs are especially chaotic. Doesn't anyone teach the proper way to
> handle a 4-way stop anymore?

I used to be proud of the way Californians handled dead traffic lights
-- queuing properly, taking turns, etc. We had a power outage the other
day which also blew the lights at the complex intersection up the
street. After only a few minutes I looked out and there were flashing
lights and smashed cars. Sic transit gloria competence.

> I've all but given up hope on the KRETP
> issue, best it seems you can hope for is that the morons don't bunch up
> so close that you can't get through at all. Directionals are
> alternately treated as a) a sign of weakness b) a device for granting
> oneself the right of way.
>
> I used to enjoy driving, back when I lived in civilized redneckia...

No going back, unfortunately...

--
Cheers,
Bev