Old April 8th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Do You Canoe?

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
m...
...... At this point in life I camp out > of my Suburban. I cannot
overemphasize the importance of sleeping up off the ground in the
mountains. If I had to carry the canoe long distances on the Jeep, I would
probably investigate some kind of bumper tie down.....

Earle, you would have gotten a real belly laugh at my experience last Labor
Day. A couple days in the camping trip a freak storm dumped two to three
hundred gallons of water into my tent at 3 AM.

It was just like in the cartoons when I unzipped the fly and all the water
came gushing out! I stood there half asleep watching everything I owned
washing down the hillside toward the lake.

After picking up what I could find I threw all the stuff back in the tent
and crawled into the back of the WJ to sleep.

I stayed there the rest of the trip.

Nick was the only one that stayed dry. He was safe and cozy in his camp bed
above the streambed.