Old April 6th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Low Fuel Indicator

In article >, sturg57
@sbcglobal.net says...
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:23:30 -0400, Tom The Great >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 00:04:28 GMT, teem > wrote:
> >
> >>On my 03 Ion,it seems the low fuel chimes on earlier than it
> >>should,can it malfuntion that much?.Maybe needs a factory re set?.

> >Might want to post what is 'early'.
> >
> >hth,
> >
> >tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

> well,i'm going to post when should it go off?.less than a gallon in
> the tank?.

There is no way the fuel gage can read that little amount of fuel nor
can your car stay running on that amount. Are you trying to destroy your
fuel pump as quickly as possible? The best and safest time to fill you
gas tank is when it reaches a quarter of a tank, not at an eighth of a
tank. No such thing as an early indicator from what I've seen. I'm
guessing yours goes off after a quarter tank has been reached.