Old December 5th 04, 03:26 PM
Bret Chase

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:09:40 -0600, bdubya >
wrote:

>:|I'm about to order winter tires for a Ranger 4x4 (probably Michelin
>:|Latitudes); I'm wondering how they perform in mud. Or should I be
>:|looking at an off-road tire in a narrow width instead?

Deep snow and mud have very similar tire needs, (i.e. large voids and
big lugs), plowed snow and ice require as many gripping edges as
possible and large voids aren't nearly as important. I think BFG
All-Terrain K/O's (which I run on my truck) have the best balance
between cutting edges and voids. while they're not as good as a mud
terrain T/A in the mud, they're waay better for winter driving
conditions.

hth,
Bret