Old July 23rd 05, 07:32 PM

Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:
> The point is that the batteries in Honda's systems frequently hit 100%
> full or empty. The hybrid system does assist a little more on a full
> battery and regenerate a little more on an empty battery, but the
> adjustment isn't enough.

Which Honda do you have? I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid.
I see my batteries hit 100% full on a long downgrade, after which there is
no regenerative braking, obvious from the lack of little green bars when
braking. There are other times when it looks full on the gauge, but
stepping on the brake gives the green bars. I have never had this happen
in traffic on moderately hilly or flat terrain.

I have never seen less than two bars on the battery gauge. Somewhere just
below half, the engine starts charging, noted by four green charge bars,
even when I am headed up hill. This happens fairly frequently in the
hills.

The early Insights did not do engine charge, but I thought that wa changed
in the second model year, and maybe even by recall on the older IMA
programming.

I just received a recall notice. My IMA is going to be reprogrammed to
avoid some potential catalytic converter damage.

--
---