Old July 14th 05, 04:05 PM
John F. Carr

In article >,
Pooh Bear > wrote:
>Are you suggesting speeding in a construction zone is ok ?

Yes, and the police around here agree. When a state agency
posted a dangerously low 45 MPH speed limit in a construction
zone the police told drivers to drive 60 and said if a speed
reduction were necessary the police would set up a 55 MPH
rolling roadblock.

>Over here in the UK we take the construction zone limits quite seriously
>for the simple reason that some poor humans actually need to do their
>job there and we don't want to kill them by accident !

Over here a large majority of fatalites are vehicle occupants,
not workers, but the workers have a powerful lobbying force.
The government would rather see ten dead drivers than one
dead union member.

--
John Carr )