Old August 12th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
barking pumpkin

Default Panicking Idiots Hoarding Gasoline

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> barking pumpkin > said in rec.autos.driving:
>

>>But there is a common thread between this and the gas crisis in Arizona
>>a couple years ago. Most are probably not aware of what happened in
>>Phoenix back in '04,

> Actually, it was July 2003. I remember it well because I had recently
> moved from Tucson back to SoCal.
>

>>but a pipeline to the Phx metro area broke

> LOL!!!
>
> The location of the rupture was in TUCSON. I suppose you think that
> Tucson is a suburb of Phoenix?

Well, it is sort of - but if you re-read what I wrote, I said it was a
pipeline "to the Phx metro area".

Are you going to tell me Phoenix is not further west than Tucson now?

>>all the gas had to be trucked in for about 3 weeks. There were gas
>>shortages and prices went to $3 (when most of the nation was still
>>shocked at paying up to $2) and a few isolated places were charging as
>>much as $5 per gallon.

> A localized situation.

Yes, it was. Of course, in this case, "localized" meant one of the
largest cities in the US, which affected quite a few people.

>Here in SoCal prices were not noticeably
> affected.

So?

Are your prices being affected by the failure of BP to maintain their
pipeline in Alaska?