Old January 6th 05, 02:02 PM
Magnulus

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message
news:qc5Dd.26481$2X6.14159@trnddc07...
> More importantly,how many people have you see driving while
> wearing pith helmets, in your entire life?
>
> Do you live in 1920's colonial africa?

How many people have I seen wearing hats, aside from baseball caps (often
turned backwards)? Very few (I've seen alot more African Americans wearing
hats, though, than whites- and in some parts of the country they do wear
western style hats). Hats are out of fashion with many people (they mess
up your hair, or whatever), some people still wear them, though, like me.

You can still buy pith helmets, and they come in different styles- not
all of them are the broadly brimmed type with the round head (the
stereotypical "safari" shape popular among the French and English, and later
Indians and Vietnamese. Pith helmets are made from cork, though, so they
are fairly stiff.