Old March 29th 05, 04:24 AM
Joshua Halpern

Big Bill wrote:
(Lloyd Parker)
>> DTJ > wrote:
>>> "Vendicar Decarian" >

SNIp....

>>>Hey retard, there was no surplus. Your "lockbox" for SS was a fraud,
>>>and your favorite Ken Lay supporter, slick willy klinton, used all the
>>>SS money to make it appear, to low life incompetent fools like
>>>yourself, that he had a surplus.

In which case there was a surplus in Fiscal 1999, 2000, and 2001
http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpdodt.htm
Look at the bottom where the public debt per year is given. Since the
social security lockbox does not exist that means you think the
intragovernmental holdings (Social Security special bonds) are not real,
and so you agree that the public debt did decrease.

>>1. SS has a surplus, a trust fund, that is invested in gov't bonds.

> Do you know what those bonds are? They are Treasury bonds. Do you knw
> where the funds to redeem those bonds are? Neither does anyone else.

Same place the funds to redeem the public debt are. This is a silly
argument because to say that there is no money to redeem the Social
Security Treasury bonds is the same as saying there is no money to
redeem any Treasury bond.

>>2. For 2 years under Clinton, the gov't had a surplus, not counting SS.>

> Do you know WHY? Do you know what happened to stop those surpluses?
> You should, if you're as smart as you think you are.
> And no, it had nothing to do with Bush, as he wasn't elected before
> this happened.

Oh, you mean those large tax cuts in 2001, and 2002. Hmm, glad to know
you think Clinton was responsible for those.

>>Retard, look to the beam in your eye first.

I love your way of hitting yourself in the face

josh halpern