Old March 14th 05, 06:08 PM
JimS

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. I had
posted this for a friend who does not have
Internet access. I gave him the results of the
first responses. Then he did not get back to me
for over week. (In the future I will be more
judicial about posting for others, because I do
not like leaving things hanging like this.)

DougW>It is possible you
DougW>got a bad replacement pump. OEM or aftermarket?

The new pump was OEM. Same symptoms with both the
old and the new pump.

---

DougW>crossfire, there is a TSB out there for new wire routing
DougW>on the 5.2 V8.
DougW>http://www.zjilla.com/pingtsb/18_48_98_v8.htm

I printed this TSB and gave it to him. Much
later, he said that he had already checked the
wire routing.

---

The answer: He found another TSB about indexing
the distributor. The distributor position was off
and had to be turned. That stopped the misfires.

As far as I know, the loss of fuel pressure is
still present. But car runs fine anyway.

---

Bill>Maybe that little screen in your gas tank that filters out crud from
your
Bill>gas is clogged?

Maybe. I will mention this to him next time I
talk to him. But I suspect this was checked when
the fuel pump was changed.

---

L.W.>May have something to do with your computer's rev limiter

Sorry, the distributor got indexed before I had
even read this comment. I did not check for more
replies while waiting for a response to DougW's
reply from him.

Nevertheless, I personally find this comment
interesting. I am a just a student with little
real shop experience. I did not know PCM's had a
rev limiter. I will look into it just to learn
something.

Jim S.