Old February 2nd 05, 11:01 AM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
> writes:
>
> > Whenever I go online and search for car prices, I need to enter the zip
> > code first. Does it mean different places have different car prices?
> > Why it that?
> >
> > please advise. thanks!!

> There are two reasons.
>
> 1. Regulatory requirements vary from state to state. A car to be sold
> in California must meet tougher emissions regulations than cars
> sold in many states, for example.
>
> 2. Regional promotions. A manufacturer may offer a special option
> package or a special price only for California, say, or in the
> Pacific Northwest.
>
> --
> -Stephen H. Westin
> Any information or opinions in this message are mine: they do not
> represent the position of Cornell University or any of its sponsors.

Plus, $1000 in NY is not as much 'money' as $1000 in Arkansas. Plus,
one certainly wouldn't want to go to a met. areas where carpooling is
encouraged when he is wanting to buy a used Buick Estate wagon. Also, a
vehicle w/o air cond. would prolly bring less $ in a sunshine state, like
Fla., than in a colder climate like mountainous areas in Washington state.
Prices do vary by zip code! s