Old March 11th 05, 07:57 PM
Brent P

In article >, Wound Up wrote:
>> Not needed. There is no pressure on the strut. It comes out very
>> easily.

> Yeah, sorry Brent P., for any inconvenience this incorrect assumption of
> mine may have caused. It's still a good idea to swap them out at this
> point, though.....

Not me, the OP... I just posted the correction . I've changed the
struts and shocks over to bilstiens in my '97 years ago and changed em
over on my dad's 99 just a couple months ago.

The only hard part is the top nut on the stock front struts. I was able
to break them loose on the car with mine using an impact wrench. On my
dad's I had to undo the three small bolts and take it out as an assembly,
put the strut shaft in a big vice and then use the impact. Those struts
were much more worn than those I took out of my car.