Old July 11th 05, 05:17 AM
malabo

Default 95 Passat VR6 DTC erase?

I'd like to erase the DTC codes on my 95 Passat VR6 (OBDI).

Right now when I check for codes (ignition on, jump 4-15 for 3 secs,
repeat) it has codes 1344 (secondary air), and the one for the impluse
sensor.

I try to erase all codes by connecting the two pins then turning the
ignition on and disconnecting after 5 seconds, but then I get all kinds
of other codes beginning with four. After a while cycling through
these I get a clicking and then on the next code some pump starting up,
at which point I turn the ignition off before something irreversible
happens.

I got the erase procedure from the Bentley for VR6 in the Golf and
Jetta. Is the Passat any different?

Thanks,

Guido