Old June 13th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Thoughts on first Mustang purchase please

I have been looking for a long time now and have found something
within my price range, just curious what the folks who have been doing
this for awhile would think. The car is a 1971 mustang coupe with
302/2v, auto, ac, pb.

First the bad:
1. Car will need all new pans (front seat, back seat, trunk) expected
this though
2. Interior is shot, new headliner, dashpad, upholestry, etc.
3. Car not running, but was when parked several years ago

Now the good:
1. Car is complete
2. Never wrecked, only few minor body rust spots
3. Motor will turn over by hand
4. Everything is all original
5. One owner with title

The owner is asking $1400 and is firm on this price, please ask me any
questions and feel free to give all thoughts and advice.