Old March 12th 05, 02:22 AM
Mike Smith

Tom Levigne wrote:
> I have noticed this for over 25 years that some people have a soft spot for
> Volkswagens.
>
> Why is this? Because the Germans are smart and worked so hard after the war
> to get back on their feet or the cars are unique and functional (they
> certainly aren't the most reliable which are Japanese or the best riding or
> quietest riding which are American cars)

These are the only two reasons people buy a car? And as for that last
reason you gave - every single person who's ever been in my Passat has
commented on how well it rides and how solid it feels. Can't speak for
reliability as it's just a baby (2.5 years, 12K miles). German cars,
including VWs, tend to be sporty, taut, solid, and fun - which you can't
necessarily say about Japanese cars (except the ones that are trying to
be like German cars, like the G35) or American cars (except the ones
that really Mercedes or Opels in disguise).

--
Mike Smith