Old July 18th 05, 05:24 PM
Tony

Ronny wrote:
> "Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message

> Rear wheel bearings, common that they go around 100k miles, whinning from
> the rear end is not normal it will just get louder and louder

Yes. Second that.

>>I'm thinking that it is probably a clogged screen that is slowly
>>unclogging itself-- or a sticky sending unit.

That would be my guess too.

Any other thoughts--
>>or a thought on how major a job dropping the pan is on this thing?

> Oil pan is pretty easy to drop I would suggest changing the oil and filter
> and maybe the problem is a sensor failure, check www.audiworld.com and have
> a browse and search through the forums, you will find plenty of stuff in
> there

This is a link directly to the B5 / B6 A4 Audiworld FAQ thread:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2299748.phtml

You will find a section for oil related issues.

After market filters are a bad choice. Get one from you local dealer or be sure
to get a Mahle brand which is equivalent to OEM.

You will also find a recomedation on oil viscosity and brand. Mobile One
(synthetic) is a good choice.

TonyJ
98.5 1.8TQM APR
Son's car: 98 A4 2.8Q Tip