Old June 19th 05, 08:09 PM
Jason

In article >, "motsco_ _" <"motsco_
> wrote:

> Vicky wrote:
> > My 93 Honda accords transmission just broke.
> > I bought my car for $3700 last year.

> > Rebuilt: $1800
> > Used Trans: $500 (6 months warranty) + 600 Labor.
> >
> > My question is would I be able to sell it without fixing the car for
> > like $1500. Except the Transmission the car is in PERFECT condition....
> > clean, no rust...nice engine.
> > You can still drive the car only 2nd to 3rd gear shift little problem.
> > OR
> > Should I fix it with used Tran and sell it for like $3k .....
> > Do these used transmission last.
> > WOULD SOMEONE buy the car if I tell him or her, that it has used
> > transmission?
> > OR
> > Rebuilt it and continue using it.
> >

> > Thanks for answers and time,
> >
> > Vicky

> -------------------------
>
> What's the mileage, who told you it needs a new tranny, when was the
> Honda tranny fluid last changed, do you live in a part of the world
> where they use salt on the roads in winter? Has anybody put non-Honda
> fluid in it, or overfilled it?
>
> There are a few simple things that can make a tranny 'look' dead. Has a
> Honda dealer spoken to you about it? Need more info.
>

> 'Curly'

Hello,
Curly made some great points. I advise you to take it to a transmission
shop in order to see if it can be repaired for much less than $500.00. If
your transmission can not be repaired, get the used transmission since it
appears to be the better deal.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.