Old February 25th 05, 06:40 PM
Will Sheppard

Default Dune Buggy Won't Stay Running

I've got a 69 buggy with a dual port engine. It has a 009 dizzy and a 34
pict 3 carb. It starts right up and idles for a few minutes then dies and
is very difficult to restart. When it does restart it won't run properly -
if I hold it at a steady rpm, let's say 2000 it will rev for about 10
seconds then the rpms dive and it dies. A lot of fethering of the pedal
and fooling around is required to get the thing back in the garage but for
the first several minutes it seems to run normally. This seemed like a
carb problem but I just got a working-when-pulled carb and the problem
persists!

Any ideas?